The Benefits of a Biometric Time System
What is biometrics technology?
A biometrics technology system identifies an individual based on their physiological and/or behavioral characteristics. Some systems scan or record a person’s fingerprint, hand, face, eye or speech for access.
The benefits to biometrics technology include:
- Unique and increased security – access cannot be shared or forged
- Decrease buddy punching
- Eliminate problems with forgotten passwords or ID’s
- Eliminates the need for badges
- Eliminates the unavoidable errors associated with manually collected data
- Easy operation
- Provides accurate, reliable data
- Is user programmable
- Links directly to your existing computer system
I have just recently experienced using a biometric system in my everyday life at my local gym. No more having to carry around my gym card, all I need is my index finger and my phone number and I’m all checked in and ready for my workout. At first I was skeptical…”Is it gonna work?”…”What if my finger doesn’t scan?”…”Do I still need to carry around my gym car?”…those are all questions that I immediately asked the front desk when setting up my profile. SO easy to set up and SO easy to use! No more waiting in a huge line to check in at the gym and we’re all going green with less cards produced. All and all, great experience!
Have you used a biometric system before? How was your experience?
Learn more about Sierra’s HP 3000 Biometric hand reader!